Having a backyard has always been important to Spencer and I. We love hosting, having a little sanctuary and being able to enjoy a meal outside.
This holiday weekend we decided to stay home and make a delicious brunch together. On the menu:
Sweet Italian Sausage & Cherry Tomato Frittata
Paprika Potato Medley
Arugula, Beet and Parmesan Salad
Sweet Italian Pork Sausage & Cherry Tomato Frittata (serves 4)
- 2 Sweet Italian Pork Sausages
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 tbsp of Half & Half
- 1 cup of Cherry Tomatoes
- 1/4 cup of fresh Basil
- 1/2 cup of finely grated Parmesan
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small frying pan cook sausages (remove casing) until they are nice and brown. Make sure to crumble with a wooden spoon.
- While sausage is cooking, crack 4 eggs and 4 egg whites into a bowl. Add 1 tbs of half and half and beat for a few minutes.
- Add fresh basil, grated parmesan and salt and pepper to eggs and mix well. Set aside.
- Slice cherry tomatoes in half and place in a greased 9″ x 7″ pan.
- Drain grease from sausage and add crumbled sausage to pan.
- Pour egg mixture in pan and bake for 40 minutes.
Paprika Potato Medley (serves 4)
- 1 lbs of mixed Potatoes (I like to use Trader Joe’s gold, red, purple “Potato Medley”)
- 1/4 cup of Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp of Sea Salt
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Garlic powder
- 1 tsp of fresh ground Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the potatoes in quarters and place in a bowl with cold water. Soak for about 15-20 minutes. You can soak overnight to get crispier potatoes
- Dry potatoes and place in a bowl with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and paprika; toss until the potatoes are well coated.
- Transfer potatoes to a sheet pan and spread out into 1 layer.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes or until browned and crisp.
Arugula, Beet and Parmesan Salad (serves 4)
- 4 cups Arugula
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1 cup Beets
- 2 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Place Arugula in a large bowl and mix in olive oil, sea salt, and lemon juice.
- Top with beets and parmesan.
When it comes to sea salt I like to use Sal de Ibiza. You can find it here and add to your own dishes!